Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Failed Transaction: No region found within the locale ‘ko’

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

I just launched a new store and on one of the first orders we got, we received an email with “Payment Transaction Failed Reminder” as the subject, and within the email it said:

Payment transaction failed.

Reason
No region found within the locale ‘ko’
Checkout Type
onepage

Then it lists the customer and order information.  I noticed that in the customer address, the country code is in what seems to be Korean:

미국

This translates to “US”.  Also, where it lists the date and time of the order the “AM” on the time is in Korean.

I also see that the customer has a Korean last name.  I’m guessing she might have been using some kind of translation service to browse the shop (we don’t offer any language translation).  I’m wondering if anyone knows if this is correct, and if so, how I could proof against the country code coming through in different languages in the future.

A couple other pieces of information are that the order did go through in the admin (with the country correctly listed as “United States") as well as on Authorize.net’s end.  Also, the customer apparently did receive some kind of error on their end when they placed the order, although I’m not sure exactly what that was.  I’m a bit confused by this - why would Magento put the order through successfully, but give the customer an error and send me a “Failed Transaction Error”?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

phillyj8

Total Posts:  27

I just had another failed transaction, and this one seems to have nothing to do with any sort of translation, so I’m thinking the weird Korean language thing was just a coincidence and the issue actually lays elsewhere.  For this order, the error said basically the same thing, except ‘en’ instead of ‘ko’:

Payment transaction failed.

Reason
No region found within the locale ‘en’

I looked around in the admin a bit and found in System > Configuration > General, the section to set your timezone and locale, which I hadn’t done yet, so I went ahead and set those.  Would this have been what was causing the problem?

This is a real frustrating one as I’m not able to reproduce it myself - my orders always go through fine.  So its very hard for me to know whether I’ve fixed it or not.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community