Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Aaaaaggghhhhh….. IE CSS FreakOut! 

moobaa

Total Posts:  171

Guys, help, please.... my patience has worn to the point of nearly punching my screen out ‘cos of IE CSS....

Checkout this page in IE and FF: http://www.shainsware.co.nz/index.php/clothing/sarongs/pohutukawa-sarong.html

In IE my LeftColumn is being thrown over to the right, but all fine in FF. Can anyone see why?!?!?

My sanity thanks you!… or I might just kick the cat!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

The plot thickens.....

In IE the Generated HTML is subtely different from within IE. Essentially, the “col-left-sidebar” DIV is sitting OUTSIDE of “col-wrapper”, so is being generated AFTER “col-main” by the CSS.

Essentially the CSS seems ok, it’s the generated HTML that has gone wacko.

Even stranger, is that the HTML is fine in the other Category pages, is only the Product page that is wrong. It is picking up 3cols correctly, but not generating the HTML right.

See ATTACHED IMAGES.

Any ideas team? Just baffling how the HTML generation could be remotely browser specific.

Image Attachments
IE.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

Firefox Snippet.

Note that “col-left-sidebar” is WITHIN “col-wrapper” (where is should be - but in the ABOVE IE grab, it’s outside).

Image Attachments
firefox.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

And also the right sidebar has dropped back by one nesting level.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

SOLVED.

I had a missing “>” on a </DIV which I had inserted into the Product VIEW PHTML.

I guess for once IE was acutally doing the RIGHT thing, where FF was being more forgiving.

I guess this is why Dreamweaver is a pants tool to edit PHTML, as there is no code hinting. Does anyone use a better PHTML editor?

Time for a beer.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community