Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

hejfina.com, a chicago high design clothing boutique running magento

mk2dev

Total Posts:  42
Chicago, IL

hejfina.com

We had originally planned to write our own ecommerce solution based on the other offerings on the market, but then we found magento and were pleasantly surprised.

We rolled our design into the site and used a modified installation of the lazzymonk wordpress integration to run the blog, the video blog, and the press section.

Right now, the site has been live for about 1.5 months and has received good reviews. We are still working to see if we can’t get some more speed out of the site, and there are a few other minor tweaks the client would like to see, but otherwise the client, and us as developers, have been pretty happy overall.

This was our first magento project, but not our last.

About us: mk2 development is a chicago based boutique web development company. We focus on standards based accessible websites and we strive to maintain strong, personal relationships with our clients.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

btbc

Total Posts:  95

The site looks minimal, very upscale… i like it.

Encountered an error on the page: http://www.hejfina.com/men/designers/acne/acne-mountain-dark-blue-belted-jacket.html/
o Some of the products can not be ordered in requested quantity
o The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 0.

Does that mean there is no stock in any of the sizes? Why not upsell or tell the member that the size ran out, or to call the store?

There is no visible shopping cart except for the small link on the very top right hand corner. If people continue shopping, give them an easier way to get back to the checkout.

Btw, for the designer link, did you make a CMS page or was there a script/code?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk2dev

Chicago, IL

The client was looking for upscale and minimal, so I am glad to hear that is the impression you got.

There are a couple inventory related issues that are a result of the client not properly using the inventory page when setting up new products. I thought we had caught them all. but obviously not. Thanks for the link I have made the change.

The client is not interested in upselling or related products. If it is entered correctly, the end user will only see products that have a size in stock and the drop down will only show the sizes in stock. If there is an item with no sizes in stock, it will say out of stock.

I agree that the shopping cart icon is small, but that was the design that we finalized on.

the designer link brings you to a static CMS page that includes a CMS block. This block is called on both the static page as well as the by designer category items in the left nav. These are manually created and maintained. The links take you to a category under men or women. So every product should be under the respective category as well as under the respective gender/designer.

We thought about having it be a script, but we decided it would be easier to control it manually. Originally we had generated the designer pages using a advanced query that the user never saw, but I wasn’t in love with that either. Given that there are a steps to adding a new designer including some image generation, we decided to not automate it. Technically though, using some server side image tools, I guess the images could be generated on the fly, but I digress… This was the solution that fit into the client’s budget.

We have modified the navigation code that generates the category navigation to include more classes, and then we hide the categories we don’t want showing via CSS.

Magento Community
Magento Community

btbc

Total Posts:  95

I’m having a hard time tearing apart the store… everything is fluid and just works. Great job.

The top link should include a link to their shopping basket or whatever high end term you want, because when I am virtually shopping there, my shopping experience is *only* focusing on the white parts of the screen… but that’s a minor personal view…

my account | my basket (5 items) | log in

Besides that, the only other quick change is the blog and SEO… http://www.hejfina.com/blog/?cat=5 should be http://www.hejfina.com/blog/press

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk2dev

Chicago, IL

There is a link to the cart in the top wooden nav bar, but it is a minimal and gives no indication of the number of items in the cart. This again was the desired appearance from the client. We made some suggestions, but that was the end decision so that is what we ran with.

The wordpress integration via the lazzymonk extension requires those URLs, which I agree is insanely annoying. I haven’t had the time to investigate away around it. it has to be possible, but again, haven’t had the time. Nor is the client willing to pay for it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community