Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What could cause random session files to be written under /var/lib/php5 instead of magento/var/session folder? {solved}

Andy LD

Total Posts:  21

Hello Community Members!

Could somebody give me a hint where to look for the problem, if some session files get written in the directory /var/lib/php5/ instead of magento installation directory var/session. Most session files are written correctly in the right folder, but some are not. Why?
Does someone have an idea how to track down this error?

Andy

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andy LD

Total Posts:  21

OK, I’ve no idea what happened inbetween, but obviously starting from two hours ago every session file was created in the “default” php session directory (/var/lib/php5 - this is the directory set in the php.ini of apache), instead of in the magento var/session directory. Restarted apache and sessions get stored again under var/session in my magento directory.
I’ve added the php_value session.save_path to my .htaccess file now. However, this statement was not in the .htaccess file before, but the sessions were saved correctly in var/session. I’m confused. I’ve not changed anything in app/etc/config.xml.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community