Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Left and right bar in modern theme

Daniel Caro

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

I can’t put bars in left and right sides of the template as “default” Magento’s template. I want to have in the left bar the categories and in the right bar the shopping cart, but I can’t, the theme “blocks” this option? Aditionally (I don’t know if I should to create a new post with this question), I want to have the “checkout” button when a item has added to the cart; this theme don’t have one.

thanks a lot!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RobKK

Total Posts:  56

Hi Daniel,

What you need to use then is the 3-column layout for your pages. This will use the left and right bars.

One you have used this option you should then go to template>layout>page.xml in your modern theme folder. You can then re-organise your xml file by placing things within the “left” and “right” blocks. This is how you allow features to be displayed in certain areas.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community