Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento is lying to me. 

Michael Cleef

Total Posts:  96
Latrobe Valley - Australia

Hey Guys,

I’ve mastered the installation process, and I’ve added some categories - under a root category, as I’m instructed to do so. We’ve added a sample product so that we can continue designing the front end of the store, however, when you navigate to the category off the menu, the store will continually lie to the user, and say “There are no products matching the selection”. What I don’t like, is the fact that there are products there, the category menu is showing up, and the products are told to show in the category through the back end.

Please don’t tell me to check if my categories are set up correctly, because you’ll notice that the menu is there.

Navigate to: http://egreatgifts.com.au/ozmerce/index.php/store/for-him to see what I mean.

Anyone got any clue whats going on? Funny how someone told me that magento was easy to use, and far better then the rest - yet I’ve never had this kind of issue with osCommerce.

Cheers, Michael.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PandaWebStudio

Total Posts:  40
Amsterdam, Netherlands

When you add a product you also have to select the store where you want to display the product.
So you should check the ‘Websites’ section for your product (Edit product->Product Information (left panel)->Websites)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael Cleef

Total Posts:  96
Latrobe Valley - Australia

Thanks for that smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community