Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Slow on development machine fast on production server—Any solutions? 

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I am running magento on Windows XP on my development machine. Here is some specs:

Apache 1.3
PHP 5.2.6 with eaccelerator
MySQL 5.0

The machine is a 1 core 2.8 Gigahertz with 2 gigs. It is my personal work computer, so it is just one user. Magento is excruciatingly slow on this machine. It is accessed through localhost. My other sites are all fast on this setup. Is there anything specific about Magento that makes it slow on windows XP or apache 1.3 (my production server uses 2.0).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

Yes I have the same observations.

On my Linux production servers Magento loads quite quickly well under 5 seconds for most pages.

On the other hand running local development sites on a laptop with Vista the load time is around 11 seconds but on a desktop XP machine with similar specs to yours the load time is around 30 seconds and that’s using php APC and Apache 2.2.8, why this should be I don’t know.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community