Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

trying to find the home_callout files

retired_vet

Total Posts:  7

I am trying to find the home callout files so I can edit them and change my home page....hard to sell church group items when all your advertising on your home page is magento demo stuff...I found out that I need to remove the home_callout files and edit them to what I need them say/show, however: I have not found out where they are located...when I got a hold of siteground tech support, my host, all they said to me was that they are not familiar with the recent Magento upgrade, and that I should go to the Magento community and post the question.
Thank you for your help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

Callouts are located here in 1.4.0.1: app\design\frontend\default\[theme]\template\callouts and here in 1.3.2.4: app\design\frontend\default\[theme]\template\callouts

The file to control the callouts is located in the layout directory (on the same level as the templates folder), you need to open catalog.xml and find these lines:

<reference name="left">
            <
block type="core/template" name="left.permanent.callout" template="callouts/left_col.phtml">
                <
action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/col_left_callout.jpg</src></action>
                <
action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Our customer service is available 24/7. Call us at (555555-0123.</alt></action>
                <
action method="setLinkUrl"><url>checkout/cart</url></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>
and

<reference name="right">
            <
block type="core/template" name="right.permanent.callout" template="callouts/right_col.phtml">
                <
action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/col_right_callout.jpg</src></action>
                <
action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Keep your eyes open for our special Back to School items and save A LOT!</alt></action>
            </
block>
        </
reference>

you can either adapt the current code in the catalog.xml file, or remove the “action method” lines and instead add the html directly to the callout files

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community