Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SSL Error: Invalid or self-signed certificate - When Uploading Product Images

mychoicegames

Total Posts:  64

Every time I try uploading a image to a product I get the following error: SSL Error: Invalid or self-signed certificate. Now I looked up ways to try and fix this, but nothing has worked and I have no idea how to fix this because I never had this error before. Please if you can help. Please help asap. I really want to finish my store.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

furnitureforyoultd
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  833

Turn off secure urls for your admin panel (System > Configuration > Web). You will also want to look into getting a third party SSL certificate

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Total Posts:  52
Bandung, Indonesia

mychoicegames - 05 June 2010 10:54 AM

Every time I try uploading a image to a product I get the following error: SSL Error: Invalid or self-signed certificate. Now I looked up ways to try and fix this, but nothing has worked and I have no idea how to fix this because I never had this error before. Please if you can help. Please help asap. I really want to finish my store.

Same issue as: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11300/

Still no solution. Not a real SSL error I guess since it only happens on Firefox.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mychoicegames

I used other web browsers and its still not working. Can anyone help here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Bandung, Indonesia

mychoicegames - 26 June 2010 05:07 AM

I used other web browsers and its still not working. Can anyone help here?

In one of my sites, Magento’s Flash uploader never works. In other sites, it sometimes doesn’t work.

The best workaround for me is to use this extension:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Tobias+Renger/extension/1756/no-flash-uploader

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mychoicegames

I tried going to magento connect manager, but got this

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/mychoice/public_html/includes/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR.php’ (include_path=’/home/mychoice/public_html/includes/downloader/pearlib/php:/home/mychoice/public_html/includes/src:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/mychoice/public_html/includes/src/Varien/Pear.php on line 265

Magento Community
Magento Community

mychoicegames

Also for some reason. I was able to upload images for all my products with the uploader that uses flash. Just for some reason it stopped working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Bandung, Indonesia

mychoicegames - 27 June 2010 04:27 PM

Also for some reason. I was able to upload images for all my products with the uploader that uses flash. Just for some reason it stopped working.

Yes that is also what I experienced. You can use the NoFlash extension as a workaround.

Regarding the PEAR error, you’ve hit another problem so it’s best to search other threads about it. Make sure to disable safe_mode on the downloader directory.

To allow you to focus on selling products & taking care of customers and not technical stuff, I would also suggest you to outsource your store to a Magento service like us. Our prices are very affordable. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

mychoicegames

I am still somewhat new to magento. Where do I locate the downloader directory and after I disable safe_mode could I access the extension and add to the site?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceefour

Bandung, Indonesia

mychoicegames - 27 June 2010 09:54 PM

I am still somewhat new to magento. Where do I locate the downloader directory and after I disable safe_mode could I access the extension and add to the site?

It’s right inside your magento root directory.

Assuming your Magento installation is correctly configured and compatible with your webhosting, you should be able to install extensions just fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mychoicegames

Got a new problem now guys: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/197527/

Sorry for the multiple questions guys and help requests, but my knowledge about any of this really lacks. My friend is hosting my site uses his cpanel webhost. (He also gave me access to it). The times I try and figure stuff out I badly screw up. Help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Magento Community
Magento Community

suricate

Total Posts:  129
Brazil

Check your system date and hour.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community