Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product View Layout

jace161

Total Posts:  1

First of all nothing that I do to the view.phtml and media.phtml pages shows any changes to the site. I guess I am not editing the right files? Under system>configuration>themes I did not specify any themes so I would imagine I am editing the default theme but for some reason the changes do not take effect.

The site is empty because I am still trying to format it but here is the link: http://impulsegraphx.com/2.0/magento/index.php/motocross-products/semi-custom-kits.html

Now what I want to do is rearrange the product view page so that the price is 1 line below the product name. Right now the image is where I want it to be. I\’ve tried editing the catalog.xml and other files but like I said above when i make a change to the files nothing shows up on the site other than the CSS changes. Cache is disabled.

Anyone have any insight for me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Also if cache is disabled Magento creates a folder under magento/var/cache/
try to delete the folder cache

also, maybe you installed any extensions? because if you install any extensions they create a new version of phtml files elsewhere

you can try to turn on the Template Path Hints

go to admin -> configuration -> select the store view -> developer -> Template Path Hints TURN ON

go to frontend and reload the page

you can see the structure of your page and the phtm file magento loads

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community