Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How does the gift message feature work? 

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

I enabled the gift message option on a product - cleared the cache and didn’t see any changes.
What is the feature for and how do I use it?

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

I’m trying to figure out the same thing Ajazza. I enabled gift message for an item, but in Checkout, I don’t see the “Add Gift Message” option in Checkout. Is there some other setting necessary?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Any update on this?

The Gift Message box doesn’t seem to appear during checkout as it does in the demo store? Is something missing?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi guys,

Did you enable gift messages in System -> Configuration -> tab Sales -> Gift Messages -> Allow Gift Messages ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Michael,
That was exactly what it was. I enabled gift message for the product, and looked all over admin for the setting to “Enable gift messages” for the whole store and I couldn’t find it. It was tucked at the bottom of the configuration / sales tab.

Thanks for the heads up.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community