Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add a field to Admin and Display in Frontend

mattwilkerson1121

Total Posts:  6

I think this is a simple thing to do, I just don’t know how.
What I want to do is in the Manage Products >> Prices area of the admin is add a field where I can enter some numbers. Compar at: Price.
Then have that field display under the price on the front end. So basically anywhere there is a price under that would be another smaller price and the text compare at: $$$$. Any help would be appreciated. You can see an example of what I would like to do on this website.

http://www.vcf.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ShelfView?langId=-1&storeId;=10001&catalogId;=10153&N;=4294967243+0&categoryId;=4294967256">

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

You can add a new set of attributes, or add that attribute to the default set.
When you make that configuration, you can specify if the attrbiute is visible on frontend (and many other options).
Then, you edit your attribute sets, and add to your selection, the new attrbiute.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community