Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento give customers options to upload artwork for personalising products? 

Skögosi

Total Posts:  1

Hi, I am looking for a system that would allow customers to upload custom jpg/bmp images for personalising mugs/keyrings etc. Is this something that Magento can do? Image placement on the mug etc would also need to be selected from a selection of options.

If this isn’t something that is built into Magento, is there an addon that would do this?

Thanks in advance,

Skö

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron M

Total Posts:  9

I’m curious if this is possible as well

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

branko_ajzele

Total Posts:  35
Croatia

Hi there,

Few days ago I posted an screen cast on my site activecodeline.com, titled Color chooser. I believe this is something similar to what you want.

You can use the same method to switch multiple images on top of the default one to achieve the effect of different logo images on some mugs, shirts and so on. It’s not a plugin so you would need to find the developer to implement it into your theme. Should not take more than 24 working hours to implement something like that.

As for the image upload part goes… sure it can be done. All it takes is to write some custom function to upload images, tie this to product view page and your done. You simply bring the backend image upload functionality to the fronted. Would take some time to do it, but it could be done.

Magento is great software but some people have special needs for their shops, and Magento simply does not cover them for now, too many combination’s. However, this is good for us developers, keeps us working smile

Hope you find this and my site somewhat helpful. 

All the best…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I ma very interested in the anility to upload files. It is very important for me to get this done. I build custom weddnig albums and clients need to upload their files to me in the cart, or at least when they hit add to cart, all of the files are put into a folder that corrasponds to the order created.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Also, it would be great if their could be a conditional frop down like “Upload Files Now” or “Mail CD/DVD” If they choose Upload Files now than the fields would pop up to upload a file. Also, they may need to upload many files at once. Perhaps a java uploader or something. Please help! Willing to pay but need a conservative quote.

Jeff

www.modebook.com (this is a work in progress)

www.newvisioncolorlab.com (My main website for my pro photo lab)

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

Would you still be interested in making me a custom bulk image uploader?

Jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

schneak

Total Posts:  10

Yeah, i interest in one too.  Please quote me.  alvin@teejmart.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

meenu grover

Total Posts:  1

i interest in making me a custom bulk image uploader.  Please quote me.  muninder.r@gmail.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Customer Product Images Extension allows your customers to upload images for products. Images can be uploaded both by registered and guest customers, if allowed by admin. Pictures are submitted for approval before being published at the website.
Visit Customer Product Images Extension page to see the live demo and user guide.
Also, you can use Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products Module to give your customer option for creating his own design of mugs/keyrings. See the image attached.
Is it suitable for you?

Image Attachments
Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community