Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Duplicate Long Product Description showing in Product Page

Workwell

Total Posts:  63
London

Hello Magentees,

I guess it is only right to point out that I have just switched from the OSCommerce platform to Magento, and relatively speaking everything is going okay (apart from that oscommerce data import module that killed my site) so I have a fair working knowledge of what is going on in the Magento platform.

However!

I have a small issue with the long product description appearing twice under product descriptions (under the thumbnails) eg. http://www.uk-bbguns.com/222a-airsoft-bb-rifle-m-16-m-203.html

This problem has only just manifested after the aforementioned oscommerce data import issue. Before then things were working fine. I have at the moment conceded that the problem could be with the database, with tables being duplicated. I have of course checked this and will continue my autopsy on the table structure. In addition to this I have also checked the “list.phtml” file and everything looks good there, no apparent duplication of code.

Before I give up and reinstall the database along with archiving product descriptions etc. I thought I would ask you lovely people on the forum.

In advance, thank you!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Workwell

Total Posts:  63
London

Sorted! How the heck those attributes kicked in I\’ll never know!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community