Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable products and their associated products are no longer connected after product import. 

zander213

Total Posts:  6

I’m trying to manage about 200 SKUs and most of these are for configurable products with about 3-5 simple products they connect to.  The site seems to be working fine but when I export all products, change some information in the CSV file and then re-import it the configurable products are no longer connected to their respective simple products.  When I open a configurable product for the first time after an import I’m asked again what the primary selector is (size, manufacturer, color) and once I choose this I’m taken back to the product edit page and all the associated products that were previous there have disappeared.

This problem essentially makes the product import / export feature completely useless since I’m forced to manually “fix” the connection after any product import.  Does anyone know how to correct this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community