Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Missing Footer in some categories and also missing my products

Streetboarding-berlin

Total Posts:  6
Berlin

Hello,

I trie to get started with magento, but I have some problems.

First the footer doesn’t appear on all pages and I have no clue why.

Another problem is, that the products don’t appear on all pages. It’s kind of the same like the footer problem. In some categories everything is fine in other not. Also if i include a new product only the headline appears but nothing else. I hope you guys understand my problems and have any solutions for this.

You can go to my Shop to see what I’m talking about

Axel

Image Attachments
Magento.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ThemesMGNTO

Total Posts:  39
Delaware, USA

Hello,

It looks like your problems are closely related to image rendering/caching. If Magento cannot access your product images and doesn\’t have a placeholder image to show instead - it will break the layout. Adding a placeholder image should fix that.

Please check if you have chmod 777 on /media/catalog/product/ and /media/catalog/product/cache/.

Follow these steps to add a placeholder image:
1. Log in to Magento Admin
2. Navigate to: System > Configuration > Catalog > Product Image Placeholders
3. Upload all 3 placeholder images (your logo on a white background or something like that) - this will be shown on all products where their image could not be rendered.
4. Click Save Config in the upper right

Check your product listing if it is rendered correctly.

All the best, happy sales!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Streetboarding-berlin

Berlin

Thanks for the reply,

chmod on /media/catalog/product/ was 775 and I changed it into 777

I also uploaded placeholder images but nothing happend. So any other suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ThemesMGNTO

Total Posts:  39
Delaware, USA

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please try to refresh all Magento cache and make sure you flush catalog images cache. Also, make sure the chmod on /media/catalog/product/cache/ is also 777 and see if it resolves the issue.

If nothing of the above works, it would be best for you to contact your designer/developer who developed your store, as it might be a theme related issue.

Good luck and all the best!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Streetboarding-berlin

Berlin

Problem solved!

The problem was, that i forgot to reduce the quality of the pictures from 240dpi to 72dpi. After doing that, everything was fine! Thanks again for the help!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community