Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.4 Custom Option Absolute Pricing Solution is Here

WScott84

Total Posts:  17

Magento 1.4 Custom Option Absolute Pricing Solution is Here

I have completed it, I will be compiling the files and notes and posting the solution here next Wednesday 6/2/10.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaweb

Total Posts:  10

Was wondering if you were going to post that solution for the Custom Option Absolute Pricing. I used your files (found here: Magento Commerce Forum Thread 194949 ) and it worked (super stoked) but I noticed the Catalog Price Rules I set up to discount all the products by 20% are now not working when the absolute price custom option are utilized. See 5201 Gold Ring

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Would love your help/suggestions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WScott84

I am not sure, this was custom for the project I am working on, so I did not cover all spectrums.  You might need to further develop it from here.  If you do please post a solution in the other post.

If I need to cover that scenario and come up with a solution I\’ll post it there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaweb

Would you know of what files to look into exactly? I’m familiar with PHP to some extent, so I’m happy to dig, I just don’t know where to start! hahaha Magento has so many freaking files! It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack!  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

WScott84

product.js

look in the phtml files for pricing and options

Does the error only effect the display within the product page, or the actually price when you checkout?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdaweb

It looks like it’s a javascript functionality issue. I’ll check out your new js file with the original, and perhaps even the phtml file you suggested and look for anything related to modifying and displaying the price based on a discount.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

amint

Total Posts:  9

do you mean like here

http://vividhosting.org.uk/rawliving/index.php/futurefoods/barleygrass.html

so have default checked when we create custom option ?

if yes, i have solution, its not javascript, just few code on php

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community