Magento Forum

Shopping.com data feed module

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Hey guys,
A lot of your questions might be answered in this thread:  http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/9401/

It’s basically the same module, with a lot more community involvement smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

Total Posts:  183

Thanks for this script, works a charm.

Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

I had issues running this script from a cron job - if I ran it from a URL it works fine, when the cron does it it leaves a file with only the column headings (ie. a 1 line file) and no products. Solved by making a new php file for the cron job, which loaded the URL of the creation script.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BaluErtl

Total Posts:  11

First of all, a huge thanks for turbo1 for this working script.

But for the others’ questions about “customizing” its output, i advice to try to use the sanitizing function near by line 66. For example I filter “shoppingcom.php” string from product_url’s and image_url’s and change to “index.php”—don’t ask, why or how is the script filename in, but it’s works smile

$bad=array('"',"\r\n","\n","\r","\t","shoppingcom.php","<br>");
$good=array(""," "," "," ","","index.php"," ");

I plan to modify turbo1‘s script to generate more robust XML code instead CSV/TSV—I’ll publicate here, when i done.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NetJam

Total Posts:  8
Alkmaar, Netherlands

Thanks 10x for sharing this, very usefull!

Magento Community
Magento Community

EmJaInteractive

Total Posts:  121
Charlotte, NC USA

Hey, I got this working and is great. Thanks a bunch.... I am fairly new to this and you made it easy.

I do got one question, where do I put the ROI Tracker for Shopping.com? Can I just put it somewhere in System> Config ? Or where have you put it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

moomoo

Where can I put the ROI tracker?

I put it in /template/checkout/success.phtml

But you maybe want to only put it when the visitor has come from shopping.com, not sure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

i am getting the follwong error wehn tunning the file

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/agbfcom/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 294

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

i was able to run this ifle successfull how ever now i have in my site about 8K products the script will only export about 4K products then it time out with an error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 37 bytes) in /home/golilcom/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php on line 981

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbenitez

Total Posts:  18

I’m getting the exact same error… did you figure out how to fix it?

mrtech - 21 January 2010 07:49 AM

i am getting the follwong error wehn tunning the file

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/agbfcom/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 294

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

I increase the memomory limit in the php.ini file and it worked

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbenitez

Total Posts:  18

nickwebdiverseon - 17 October 2008 05:27 AM

Hi

I have upgraded my Magento sodtwar to 1.1.6 and this contribution no longer works .

here is what I get

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1131 Stack trace: #0 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(583): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(212): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore(NULL) #2 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(217): Mage::getStoreConfig(’web/url/use_sto...’, NULL) #3 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Request/Http.php(118): Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(’web/url/use_sto...’) #4 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(263): Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http->setPathInfo() #5 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, Array) #6 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/shoppingcom.php(8): Mage::app(’default’) #7 {main} thrown in /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1131

There is a problem with Mage::app(’default’) on line 8

Any Ideas?

@nickweb.. I was able to get this working in my installation.  For some reason, the PHP worked fine a couple of times then it stopped working (Magento v1.4.0.1).  To fix it, here’s what I did:

Change:

require_once 'app/Mage.php';
Mage::app('default');

to:

require_once 'app/Mage.php';
umask(0); //adding as per http://www.exploremagento.com/magento/run-magento-code-outside-of-magento.php
Mage::app();

YMMV

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefr

Total Posts:  21

My export needs to be utf-8.
For some reason my export is not. So I get really strange symbols when using ï or é letters. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?

regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

proxiblue123

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have created a module that creates a xml feed to shopping.com
Available at a minimal fee for my efforts.
Changes to the module output/functionality updates can be done, just ask.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/proxiblue/extension/3789/shoppingdotcom

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shepstar

Total Posts:  140

hi guys,

I’m using the export script but I have the problem that all categories get exportet as the same. So every product has the same category.
If anyone can helo, I would appreciate it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community