Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Shopping.com data feed module

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

i want to set up a Cron job to run the shoppingcom.php file every day can anyone guide me on how to set up the cron job

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

i upload it the php file for shopping.com working great i juas have 1 issue when i open the file in Excel the category shipping rate
fileds are all empty however the next field has no header and over there i see all the category

can some one help please here is a link to my output file http://www.office.simplehelix.com/Export/shoppingdotcom.txt

Magento Community
Magento Community

barrmy

Total Posts:  102

mrtech - 28 October 2008 05:11 AM

i want to set up a Cron job to run the shoppingcom.php file every day can anyone guide me on how to set up the cron job

in your host, you probably have a cronjobs settings in your control panel

it’s either going to be a line you have to write, or settings:
minute 0-59 The exact minute that the command sequence executes.
hour 0-23 The hour of the day that the command sequence executes.
day 1-31 The day of the month that the command sequence executes.
month 1-12 The month of the year that the command sequence executes.
weekday 0-6 The day of the week that the command sequence executes. Sunday=0, Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, and so forth.

example
0 0 1,15 * 1 /sever/shoppingcom.php

The cron daemon would run the program shopping.com php file in your root directory at midnight, on the first and fifteenth of each month (commas seperate multiple settings), every month (stars include “all” ), as well as on every Monday.

most servers will require you use the curl command to run the php, so the cronjob would look like:
0 0 * * * curl http://www.yourserver/com/shoppingcom.php if you want to run it every day, every month, every weekday, at midnight

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanSF

Total Posts:  101
Greater San Francisco Bay Area

fifthave - 09 October 2008 03:26 PM

I was hoping those who submit data feeds to shopping search engines would share their experiences on which shopping comparison site provide the most traffic/sale conversions.

It depends a lot on the type of products you sell, who your target audience is, and how much traffic you’re willing to pay for. I used to work for an IR Top 400 Retailer running all the comparison shopping engines and search marketing. We sold home improvement hardware and saw strong results on most of the engines. Test, test and test! Start out on Google Base since its free, and then add an engine or two until you get comfortable. It can be quite overwhelming to submit to the dozen or so major shopping sites if you are new to CSE’s. Feel free to contact me and I’d be happy to share more tips with you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roymaster

Total Posts:  14

Thanks guys, working on 1.1.7

Now trying to modify it to output XML feed, will post it here if you wish.

R.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKwan13

Total Posts:  63

@mrtech: Do you know how track that on Google Analytics?  I’ve added to the url “?ref=shopcom” and went to Content->Top Landing Pages and did a search for “shopcom” and nothing comes up.  I tried the same thing for Google Base with “?ref=base” and did a search for “base”, and also nothing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanSF

Total Posts:  101
Greater San Francisco Bay Area

JKwan13 - 03 December 2008 10:22 AM

@mrtech: Do you know how track that on Google Analytics?  I’ve added to the url “?ref=shopcom” and went to Content->Top Landing Pages and did a search for “shopcom” and nothing comes up.  I tried the same thing for Google Base with “?ref=base” and did a search for “base”, and also nothing.

Try adding something like this to the end of your url feed.

?utm_medium=referral&utm;_source=shopcom

Magento Community
Magento Community

JKwan13

Total Posts:  63

Thanks ryanSF, I didnt know I need to use a special way, Google UTM (Urchin Tracking Module), to track it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain Fluttaz

Total Posts:  31
Chambery, France

roymaster - 22 November 2008 01:39 PM

Thanks guys, working on 1.1.7

Now trying to modify it to output XML feed, will post it here if you wish.

R.

It’ll be very usefull !
I can’t wait rasberry
I’m personnaly trying to include a ‘xml template’ fonction in this script to have the possibilité to create a template by comparator ... Any kind of help will be usefull !
Thanks for your work !

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

Does anyone know how to change $product->getPrice to output the final catalog price.  I have tried to use $product->getFinalPrice is no luck, it just shows an error.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

chatlumo
Guru

Total Posts:  301
Paris

JHubb - 19 December 2008 07:11 AM

I have tried to use $product->getFinalPrice is no luck, it just shows an error.

Thanks,

Same issue here :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

chatlumo
Guru

Total Posts:  301
Paris

I tried with getSpecialPrice().
With the 1st product which has a special defined, it’s ok, but all other products, without special price, are shown with a specialprice = 1st product with special price…

Magento Community
Magento Community

purplemine

Total Posts:  143
London

chatlumo - 15 January 2009 05:19 PM

I tried with getSpecialPrice().
With the 1st product which has a special defined, it’s ok, but all other products, without special price, are shown with a specialprice = 1st product with special price…

Could you let me know the exact function you are using to get this, I have tried $product->getSpecialPrice() with no luck, it returns false.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Galaxy Of Vitality

Total Posts:  27

Hi Turbo1,
How would I go aout changing it to the new store name?

Regards

turbo1 - 17 October 2008 08:10 AM

Hey there,
If your store is not called “default”, it may have an issue.  I’m using 1.1.6 with no problem, so it might be related to your specific config. The script is looking for products that fall under “default”, you may have to change the script code to whatever name your products are under. I hope this helps (at least a little)!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sailor2040

Total Posts:  12
Bavaria, Germany

Hi,
nice script, but I have a problem with empty attributes.

Not all of my products have a value in the attribute “manufacturer”, but in the export-file this field is filled out with the last value.

For Example

product_id    brand...
"1"    "Manufacturer 1" ... //ok
"2"    "Manufacturer 1" ... //this product has no manufacturer in the database!
"3"    "Manufacturer 2" ... //ok

Does anyone have a solution for my problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4