Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Shopping.com data feed module

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

Hi everyone,
I hope you find this as useful as I do.  The attached file needs to go in the root of your Magento folder, and you need to have an “export” folder with 777 permissions. Feel free to edit the script/improve as necessary.

A few important notes:  test on a non-production server first!  Use at your own risk.  Script is provided as-is, but I will try to help if you have issues.

Feel free to customize lines 40-50 to suit your own store. It’s pretty self explanatory smile You may have to edit a few lines if you get errors, as this was designed for my specific install. If you find this script useful, consider sharing something with the community, it’ll help everyone.

File Attachments
shoppingcom.php  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 2586)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

@turbo1 - You Rock and thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Total Posts:  115
Argentina

At first. I didn’t know what they were for. Now, I must say a big THANK YOU.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

You’re very welcome. I urge others to contribute to the community if they’re able to do so. Community over profit. Call me a tree-huggin’ hippie LOL

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

@turbo1: does the following lines in your code work ok for you ?

$products->addAttributeToFilter('status'1);//enabled

$products->addAttributeToFilter('visibility'4);//catalog, search

Shouldn’t it be changed to

Mage::getSingleton('catalog/product_visibility')->addVisibleInSiteFilterToCollection($products);

I suppose that these might return different product sets in multi-store setup if some products have visibility set to “Use Default Value” and some others have visibility set explicitly and not the same as default values.

You can check Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Visibility->addVisibleInSiteFilterToCollection() and Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product_Collection->setVisibility() for details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@Michael
The code works for me, but you are welcome to change it smile I had it written so that things I mark out of stock/not visible won’t show up in my feed. Everyone is welcome to improve on it, of course !

Magento Community
Magento Community

SKing

Total Posts:  1
Kansas City, KS

Let me start by first, thank you for posting this script or scripts. I used the gbase and it all looks good. I just placed the shopping.com feed on and it came up with an error. Have you seen this?

Notice: Undefined index: product_type in /httpdocs/shoppingcom.php on line 58

All products are defined as simple products

Any help would be great…
Thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@Sking
Line 58 is this:  $product_data[’product_type’].=$category->getName().’, ‘;

I don’t know of anyone else who’s gotten an error on this line.  Do you have category names set up?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alex.bsc
Guru

Total Posts:  340

hey turbo1, im getting the same error.. ive removed the product brand (manufacturer) as i dont use it, just like in the google base feed..

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@alex
Do you have categories set up under the “default” category?  Just trying to narrow down what could be giving you all this error. It doesn’t happen for me

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

@Golddigger
I’m not a fan of Magento Connect. I’ll just leave it at that.  wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

John R

Total Posts:  90

I am getting the same error:

NoticeUndefined indexproduct_type in /home/store/public_html/shoppingcom.php on line 58

SOLVED:

All you have to do is add:

$product_data['product_type''';

At line 57 right before the foreach[/b[ loop

- J

Magento Community
Magento Community

nickwebdiverseon

Total Posts:  1

Hi

I have upgraded my Magento sodtwar to 1.1.6 and this contribution no longer works .

here is what I get

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Mage_Core_Model_Store_Exception’ in /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php:1131 Stack trace: #0 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(583): Mage_Core_Model_App->throwStoreException() #1 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(212): Mage_Core_Model_App->getStore(NULL) #2 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(217): Mage::getStoreConfig(’web/url/use_sto...’, NULL) #3 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Request/Http.php(118): Mage::getStoreConfigFlag(’web/url/use_sto...’) #4 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(263): Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http->setPathInfo() #5 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, Array) #6 /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/shoppingcom.php(8): Mage::app(’default’) #7 {main} thrown in /home/baldysbl/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 1131

There is a problem with Mage::app(’default’) on line 8

Any Ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Los Angeles, CA

Hey there,
If your store is not called “default”, it may have an issue.  I’m using 1.1.6 with no problem, so it might be related to your specific config. The script is looking for products that fall under “default”, you may have to change the script code to whatever name your products are under. I hope this helps (at least a little)!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrtech

Total Posts:  87

turbo1 - 02 October 2008 09:26 AM

Hi everyone,
I hope you find this as useful as I do.  The attached file needs to go in the root of your Magento folder, and you need to have an “export” folder with 777 permissions. Feel free to edit the script/improve as necessary.

A few important notes:  test on a non-production server first!  Use at your own risk.  Script is provided as-is, but I will try to help if you have issues.

Feel free to customize lines 40-50 to suit your own store. It’s pretty self explanatory smile You may have to edit a few lines if you get errors, as this was designed for my specific install. If you find this script useful, consider sharing something with the community, it’ll help everyone.

hi

thank you very much for the code that you gave us for free
i am very new to php i am coming from the world of windows so i have a little question here
i am using tagging in the url in order to track in Google Analytics my conversion rate how can i add code to the feed that after the url it shuold add ?xxxx123

Magento Community
Magento Community

John R

Total Posts:  90

Simply change:

$product_data['link']=$product->getProductUrl();

to ..

$product_data['link']=$product->getProductUrl() . '?xxx123';

Magento Community
Magento Community