Magento Forum

Scary bug! Customer are registered and can see the last oroder customer information

adjees2

Total Posts:  10

Hi,
This is very scary bug! We have been getting this bug on our Magento store lately. When a new customer registered to buy some products can see the last customer registered information (please see example below).  They can see address, phone number, email, etc.  Please advice how I can solve this issue.

Example:
Customer # 1 registered and buy products.
Customer #2 register and he can see customer # 1 information and some time customer # 2 place an order and his registration information is from customer # 1.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

Is there any chance you installed the “Delete Orders” extension? Bad deal if you did. Look into it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neochap

Total Posts:  40

What is it with Delete Orders Extension that is causing this?

Did you found any solution for this? Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

When it deletes the orders, not all of the information gets removed form the DB. There is a thread somewhere in this forum that talks about that specifically. There is a SQL query that you can run, but it completely wipes out all of the past orders and set invoice back original.

Magento Community
Magento Community

yaozer

Total Posts:  27
Shanghai

yes, the delete order module has some bugs.  I ran into same issue, customer A submit billing address a, But In magento admin, I see another customer’s billing address.

This issue dissappear after creating some test orders, I think that’s “wrong-association”.

Not sure it’s delete order bug or magento bug.

PC Games Plus - 29 May 2010 08:50 AM

When it deletes the orders, not all of the information gets removed form the DB. There is a thread somewhere in this forum that talks about that specifically. There is a SQL query that you can run, but it completely wipes out all of the past orders and set invoice back original.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adjees2

Please I need help to solve this issue!  This is very bad for my customers… Can somebody tell me how can I check if I have order deletion extesion install? Do you know if I can remove this extension will solve the problem?

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

Uninstalling the extension does not solve the problem. You will need to run the SQL Query to erase all old orders and such. Search in the forum for deleting orders and you will find the latest SQL Query. To see if you have the extension installed go to Magento Connect Manager and look at the extensions that you have installed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adjees2

I do not have the deletion extesion installed! So do you think that running the SQL query to erase all old order will solve the issue? How is that? I found tons of query to delete old orders but why do I have delete old order to solve this issue? It does not make sense.  Please advice!

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

You might not have the extension installed right now, but did you ever in the past? The reason you have to delete everything with the SQL query is to more or less remove the phantom addresses and orders. Read a little more and you will find it makes perfect sense. I had my store up and running and then I started to have the same problem as you. I just went ahead and rebuilt my store from scratch. I’ll never use that extension again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pakiboyg

What is the solution for this problem.It can be really dangerous if the useful customer data is going to be leaked out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adjees2

I got it! I upgraded my magento and my Skin to 1.4.1 and that fix the issues.

Thank you magento for the version 1.4.1!

Magento Community
Magento Community

terrywilliams

Total Posts:  1
Ohio

Conratulations.. you solved the problem. That’s really a scary bug. It might affect you business if that’s not solved and at last it solved. That’s also my point on it. It’s too late for me.

heating Toledo

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community