I just upgraded my magento from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 using these steps:
1. export the old database (Magento Admin -> System - Tools - Backups) and save it to a local folder;
2. in phpMyAdmin, create a new database (and a new user and password if needed)
3. in phpMyAdmin, import the sql file saved in step 1;
4. in phpMyAdmin, click on the newely created database, go to core_config_data table and delete all data from it;
5. install Magento in a new location, following instructions from their guide, but using the database (and user, password) created at step 2;
6. from the old magento installation, copy the Media folder to the new installation folder;
7. go to Magento Admin -> System - Index Management and reidex everything.
Everything went smoothly and everything seems to be working fine except for my attributes on my product view.
I have attached photos of my attribute settings.
1 value for my attribute is:
1/8" TRS Male
On my layered navigation I have attributes showing perfect “ and & with no problem. It is only on the product view page in the Additional Information area where you will find the value above looking like so:
1/8" TRS Male
Is there anyone else who has had this problem? if so what can I do? Thank you.
EDIT: I have also noticed thus far that this is only occurring when it is a drop down attribute. All other styles of input work fine and show the proper characters on the frontend.