Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin pages runs very slow

UrKo

Total Posts:  22

hi all,

first let me say this store is the best..i really like it a lot and im thinking of going from a .asp store to magento.

Not sure if im posting in the right forum, but the admin pages runs very slow. I have xampp installed in my Win XP and Vista and on both of them the admin pages are very very slow.
For example. to confim1 category it needs around 15 seconds to refresh.

Can you tell me is there anything i can do to speed up the admin pages??

Thanks,

Uros

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GoCastaway

Total Posts:  6

Here the same…

It took me 2 and a half hour to add 14 products with 1 image to serverside.  I have to add around 6000 products, so i hope my shop is live around june 2009

A lot of times it takes minutes to upload a image, or its doesnt upload and my browser crashes, the same with switching to category etc etc

I think this really needs attention, Magento is beautiful but the admin speed is terrible

Magento Community
Magento Community

Akira

Total Posts:  7

Any Solution for this issue ?

I have the sme problem with XAMPP 1.6.8 on Vista Home Premium 64, HD 5400rpm.

So Slow.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulE

Total Posts:  43

Whole Mangeto speed is terrible, unless you get an special Magento host. Running two Magento stores on the same hosting provider. One account is a special Magento account, and the other is just an normal ‘shared hosting account’. Adding products only takes about 5 seconds max on the Magento hosting smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can increase backend performance using asynchronous reindex extension.  Check this one Fast Asynchronous Re-indexing http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/magento-asynchronous-reindex.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community