Magento Forum

How to fix upgrade from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0.1 ?  Table ‘core_variable’ already

smalltom

Total Posts:  10

I have try about 10 times update from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0 or 1.4.0.1 , but everything , it have same problem.
Please help how to fix. Thank you very much

a:5:{i:0;s:211:"Error in file: “/xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.18-0.8.19.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘core_variable’ already exists";i:1;s:982:"#0 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(374): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(273): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.8.18’, ‘0.8.26’)
#2 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(217): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.8.18’, ‘0.8.26’)
#3 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(153): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /xxxxxxxx/magento/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /xxxxxxxx/magento/index.php(78): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:1:"/”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php”;s:4:"skin”;s:7:"default";}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mymyhope

Total Posts:  37

i also have the smae problem
and i deleted or change the name of files like mysql4-upgrade-0.8.18-0.8.19.php but i have other errors after i change them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chocololitta

Total Posts:  22
Franklin, TN

Any solution to this???

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1839

I fixed it by deleting the /var/tmp/*, /var/cache/*, /var/session/*, /app/code/core/Zend/Cache/*, dropping the magento database, recreating the magento database, restoring the 1.3 data to the empty database and then attempting to go into the admin panel. It takes a while as the 1.3 database gets converted to 1.4 and then the admin panel should pop up asking for login and then telling you that you need to reindex everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ebloger

Total Posts:  1

#1217 - Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails

Magento Community
Magento Community

kverma

Total Posts:  5

I have try about 10 times update from 1.3.2.4 to 1.4.0 or 1.4.0.1 , but everything , it have same problem.
Please help how to fix.

Error in file: “/chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.18-0.8.19.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘mgn_core_variable’ already exists

Trace:
#0 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(374): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(273): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.8.18’, ‘0.8.26’)
#2 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(217): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.8.18’, ‘0.8.26’)
#3 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(153): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(363): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(295): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /chroot/home/brooklyn/brooklynbrewshop.com/html/brewmagento4/index.php(78): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

Please help.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community