Magento Forum

[RESOLVED] Configurable Product Headache (Associated Products trouble)

Kevvy Kev

Total Posts:  7

I am running v1.1.6 on MediaTemple (and locally) and am having difficulty with a set of configurable products. The store has a limited amount of items which fall into three categories: Full Lengths, Singles, and Apparel. Both the Full Lengths and Apparel items are configurable products (CD or LP for the Full Lengths and various color and size combinations for the Apparel). After creating the Super Product, I am running in to trouble creating the associated Simple Products. The process works fine for the Apparel and I have had no trouble with it, but the Full Lengths have yet to work. When I create (using Quick Create) an associated product for the Full Lengths, the item that shows up in the “Associated Products” section has an ID that is duplicated from another item (for instance, it may be ID 23, but there is already a product with that ID). In addition the product name and SKU are just the ID (see attached screen grab). If I click on the Edit link in one of the associated products, it pops open a window, but for the product with the real ID. For instance, if an Associated Product has been given the ID 23, but there is an item, a T-Shirt, with ID 23, when I click the edit link to edit the associated product (which should be an LP or a CD) I get a popup with the T-Shirt with ID 23. To further complicate things, the Simple Product which is created (using Quick Create) will show up in the back-end product list with a correct ID! So somehow I have one product being assigned two IDs, one of which is already in use.

I’ve tried deleting the products, the attribute, and the attribute set all with no luck. My confusion is that the same process works for an Apparel configurable product, but not for a Full Length configurable product.

In the screen grabs are the simple products IDs 62 and 61, or are they 28 and 29?

Image Attachments
associated_product.jpgproduct_list.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevvy Kev

Total Posts:  7

In the end, renaming the parameter from “format” to “album_format” resolved the problem. Guessing the word “format” is reserved under Magento and was causing problems. Simple fix, complex process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luke cp

Total Posts:  11

Thanks, this also solved my problem with no product ids, names or skus showing up in any filters in the backend (eg. setting a related product they all had the id, name and sku of “2” when showing the list of products)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community