Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Magento 1.4 - Coupon Code is Not Valid

kfigueroa

Total Posts:  3

Has anyone found a solution to the $address->hasCouponCode() problem causing an error that says “Coupon is not valid”?  I’ve tried all of the suggested solutions and none of them work. I’m using the API and creating an empty cart and adding products as a guess.  I don’t have any addresses though it tells me I have 2.  I’ve tried setting the addresses (as this seems to be the solution for the blank cart totals) but that doesn’t change anything for the coupon.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kfigueroa

Total Posts:  3

I found the solution and since I couldn’t find the answer anywhere online, I’ll post it here.

Even though the documentation says that store id is optional and even though it works without it and if you only have 1 store, unless you send in your store id (usually “1"), the coupon will not work.

Another thing that will happen if you don’t pass the store id (this time when calling cart.create) is that the orders will not show up under the reporting tab.  Passing store id resolves this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dialoguenet

Total Posts:  20

Hi,

For my part I have solve the problem with a Magento 1.4 by using a “Simple product” instead of using a “Grouped product”.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2