Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help!!! 1.4 Upgrade, lost all Styling & Products

moobaa

Total Posts:  171

Hi guys…

Did the recommended upgrade through SimpleScripts.

Have now lost all CSS for my FrontEnd and Admin. Site: http://www.noozealand.co.nz

Have deleted the Zend/Cache as per one post that seemed similar, and have cleaned out Cacher etc… but now don’t know what to do.... not getting errors, just not getting any visuals.

HUGE Appreciation in advance for prompt assistance.

Cheers,
Todd

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

Managed to make some small progress… uninstalled all YOAST Canonical URLs and FOOMAN Speedster extensions. Was screwing with the CSS. I think 1.4 has some of it’s own versions of these now.

Admin screen alerted me to REINDEX, so have done that, and now got some products on home screen - so at leas tmy data is there!!!

Now have issues when trying to go into Categories, generates errors around toolbar.phtml

Start digging again......................

Magento Community
Magento Community

moobaa

Ok, fixed the pagination issues using this:

You find the file here: app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Block/Product/List/Toolbar.php

Change the line

class Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List_Toolbar extends Mage_Core_Block_Template

to

class Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_List_Toolbar extends Mage_Page_Block_Html_Pager

I might be completely wrong with this, haven’t been in the Magento matter for a long time.

--------
Last f’ing time I do a Magento upgrade on recommendation - think I’ll try and stay 1yr behind from now on!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community