Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple addresses for the same corporate client

andrewfogarty

Total Posts:  7

with this feature i am aware that Magento is capable of storing a Primary Billing, and Primary Shipping address.
Magento is also able to do Multiple shipping addresses if i were to be sending a gift, etc. (but only as a single use at the checkout phase)

with this feature i would like to see multiple secondary addresses.

for an example i would use a parent that has multiple children that all live away from home.
the mother likes a particular store that is hosted on the magento platform, and frequently orders items.

for the mother, her address would be primary billing and shipping, but if she has 4 children, she would prefer to have to only click the recipient’s address to populate it, rather than on every order have to re-enter the secondary address. this would prevent 4 birthdays, multiple holidays, care packages, etc. this would save the mother the repetitive act of entering each address multiple times a year.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

If that was a question and I understand it right, then yes, Magento does have this functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewfogarty

Total Posts:  7

Moshe - 06 December 2007 09:43 AM

If that was a question and I understand it right, then yes, Magento does have this functionality.

You are quite correct. I took the visual at face value, and didn’t explore the addresses enough. i saw the two defaults, 1 billing, one shipping, and assumed you could only have two addresses at most, 1 for each. i didn’t think that you could A: submit an address without selecting an option, or B: store more than the two by having a new default replace the old, rather than as it is of adding a second address.

Thank you Moshe, i will poke around more to see how well this would fit into the final production of my desired store.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community