Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Host that Support Magento out-of-the-box

blizzard182

Total Posts:  115
Argentina

Hello guys!

I am building my site with Magento, of course =) and I must say I love it.

Now I am looking for a hosting site. I’ve been looking for a host solution that doesn’t make you pay for the VPS (Virtual server) or dedicated servers at this stage of the site. It might be good in the future but right now I want to sign up for a hosting solution and have Magento up and running.

I talked to a couple of guys and showed them the requirements of Magento from the PHP, MySQL, .htaccess and so on.

So far..

LunarPages: Only in VPS or dedicated but VPS doesn’t have too many resources.
Hostgator: They say they support Magento (This is my choice so far)
StartLogic: There is a couple of extensions they don’t support and don’t support Innodb storage either. They say I could play with the php.ini here.

Is there anyone here using the basic hosting solution from any of these sites (Or any hosting site) and have Magento working?

Keep in mind I don’t live in the US.

If you guys at Magento know of a good hosting site, it’s more than welcome.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

Hi,

i’ve found that streamline.net dont support magento and neither does BT, they both have some of the php extensions missing and are unwilling to activate them.

I have 3 sites hosted on aegishosting and they all seem to function fine, they will even install it for you free of charge.

heres the only one thats live:

http://www.quickplaysport.com

hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Argentina

Nice one! I’ll keep it in mind although I was looking for a bit more bandwidth. But it’s definitely in my bookmarks.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikej165

Total Posts:  89

I was recently pleasantly surprised to discover that Pair Networks (pair.com) supports Magento. I ran the magento-check.php script and it reported good news. I was using one of their shared hosting accounts. Performance wasn’t what I’d called terrible and it wasn’t what I’d call great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

I suggest that you take a look at this list of Magento compatible hosting companies:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/general/magento-web-hosting

Then check if they have a demo store available which you can use to test the actual speed.

At around $20/mo. you will get a good performance host for your Magento store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Argentina

Thank you for your responses guys. I will those.

I was coming to update this. I found two another good hosts that support Magento.

Bluehost.com
hostmonster.com

They both have SimpleScripts which support the last version of Magento (1.1.6)

The bad thing is that the don’t have VPS neither dedicated servers so if you have a busy site, you will have a suspended site every now and then.
It’s really hard to me to decide. Here there are basically NO hosting plans for good value but dedicated servers are more expensive there than here (I live in South America). Basically I don’t want to overpay something.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Argentina

Hey! Who could imagine. There is one in Argentina!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mayerwin

Total Posts:  182
France

Hello,

I have finally managed to find the perfect host for Magento. I have tried 3iX which was not good at all for that (but very cheap), then I went to Gandi and their new hosting solution (very flexible, you can choose the size of your virtual server and modify it within seconds, the billing is daily!), but I couldn’t have better than 5-10 seconds pageload with 3 parts (for 30€/month).

I found the best deal with rackspeed.de, they are a very dynamic webhost located in Germany, and my pages load within less than 1 seconds, even with Magento cache disabled!
For how much? Only 9,90€ monthly (with limited bandwith but the performance is there so it is all the best), and a hyper reactive support (chat system), I managed to transfer my whole website within an hour and they even helped me for the migration.

By the way, they are offering domain names also, for a limited time. So, I’m not used to advertise for hosting companies, but this time I think all European Magento users and even American users might find there a very affordable solution to finish with the “low performance” complains that we can hear on the forum (and I was one of the complainers). Here is the link to rackspeed.

Don’t hesitate to ask me for more feedback if necessary, I’ll be pleased to help you find the best solution.

Erwin

Magento Community
Magento Community

blizzard182

Argentina

mayerwin

Thank you for that Link. I have found one in Argentina and I might give it a try at first.

Although the site rackspeed seems really nice. Do you know if there is an english site? I don’t want to rely on translation utilities.

Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mayerwin

Total Posts:  182
France

Hello,

I think they are going to release an English version, but anyway their live support is as well in German as in English, and the interface behind (client area and control panel) is multilingual (Spanish, Italian, French, English, German, etc.), so it should be all right.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community