Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I cache category’s product list? It is seriously kiling my server and causes slow page loads! 

ShopGuy
Guru

Total Posts:  462

I have a top level category with approximately 100,000 products (and counting). Currently, it takes 20 seconds to load the category page.

I assume what is going on is the query responsible for display the product list requires mysql to load up all 100,000+ products before returning the 9 it needs to display the page.

It would perfectly acceptable to cache the list of products on the category page. It doesn’t really matter if the products are a few hours or even a few days out of sync as long as the product page displays the correct stock information and what not. Is there any way to make magento cache this, so that it does not take so long to load?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community