Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking for a shared host for Magento

CdnJoe

Total Posts:  11

Hi there I am brand new to magneto and so far this product is very interesting.

I have installed it on my current host netfirms.ca but its very slow 5-27s loadtimes for mainpage…
Also alot of the optimization options require a vps at minimum…

I am looking for a shared host in Canada or US that has decent load times for a small store 300-400 items..
I would like to try out some accounts if possible as I would hate to go through the hassle of changing hosts only to be disapointed as I have seen other posts with vendors offering test accounts for 30-60 days…

What should I expect for loadtimes on a shared host?

Can anyone make some reccomendations please?

I have been looking at Aspiration Hosting, Simple Helix, Helping Hand Host, Nexcess and Elief and would appreciate you comments and experiances with these hosts..

Thank You

CdnJoe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CdnJoe

Thought I wold post an update as I am feeling excessively chatty…

I have emailed sales at Aspiration Hosting, Simple Helix, Helping Hand Host, Nexcess and Elief.

Hopefully I will get a change to test out a few of these providers and I will share my results and thoughts…

Heres what I got so far, I actually used the chat funtion first on Simple Helix, but the agent clearly stated they would not offer me a trial account but I can get a 30 day money back guarantee for $19.95 a month. I was a little disapointed with the blunt answer...so I also emailed sales....

I was quite impressed with the speed of the reply (in less than 15 mins) that I recieved from Nexcess, but again I was shot down and told no trials only 30 day guarentee…

Also I seen in another post about a free mangeto host magentopolis.com I decided why I wait I would try it out.  Nice home page and pretty easy sign up. Sample site was up lickity spit and wow load time was about 3-5s much better than my current host netfirms…

I am a bit disapointed with only the pay up front options that I am being offered.
I am completely new to these companies and would really like the oppertunity to sample thier wares before commiting myself.

I would have thought that with all the compition for hosting clients now that I might get some trial oppertunites…

Anyways my seach goes on....I will post my results as they come in

Cheers.

CdnJoe

Magento Community
Magento Community

CdnJoe

Well I also got a reply from Elief and from Aspiration Hosting also no trial accounts available, but both emails were very poilte and friendly…

Elief offers a 60 money back guarentee and AH is offering a 30 day..

Still awating feedback from Simple Helix and Helping Hand…

Although I have not been able to get a trial account other than magenopolis the speed of each companies sale team replies are Excellent!

The quest goes onward...smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

CdnJoe - 12 May 2010 05:34 PM

Well I also got a reply from Elief and from Aspiration Hosting also no trial accounts available, but both emails were very poilte and friendly…

Look at Nginx Hosting.

1 free month trial hosting available, as well as 30 money back guarantee.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

Turnkeye.com - 13 May 2010 04:40 AM

Look at Nginx Hosting. Nginx Hosting is the fastest Magento hosting in United States, according to MageBenchmark.

1 free month trial hosting available, as well as 30 money back guarantee.

For your information shameless self-promotions are not allowed in this forum.
You are only contributing to SPAMs in the forum and this will do you no good in gaining any sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CdnJoe

Well I have decided, I was very impressed by what Aspiration Hosting is offering and going to try them out.
I will try to post my experiances..
Thanks everyone for the replys!

CdnJoe

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flaxton

Total Posts:  137
Houston

We have been trying to get in contact with someone from Nginx for 4 days now. Nothing, no reply… not even an auto-respond email telling us they acknowledge us. We are trying to pull the trigger here and get some advice for going with the Magento Professional Edition. Hopefully we will have better luck trying to contact Aspiration. Will update when we have made our choice.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community