Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Tax Rates not working

kilishan

Total Posts:  8

I’m working on a website we did a while ago using version 1.0.19870.2 and the tax rates don’t seem to be working.

I have one Tax Rate set for the entire US, and another Tax Rate set for Missouri, since that’s where the client is located in. They need it to show tax applied only to people who buy in Missouri. The Tax Rate for the US is set to 0.0% for Rate 1, while the Missouri tax is set to 6.75%.

I deleted everything /var and added an item to my cart as a guest. It shows the Tax (6.75%) being added on. Fine, so I told it to estimate shipping and gave it a state other than Missouri, which should have negated the taxes. Not so. The tax was still being applied. Okay, I thought, maybe it’s because I haven’t finalized the sale, so I went through the ordering process up to the last step where it showed me the order. And it still has the tax being applied.

I’ve tried various settings tonight, but haven’t made any headway.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kilishan

Total Posts:  8

Just bumping the post. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community