Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SEO - Product listings page 2 etc

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

Hey everyone,

I’m just going thro the site with seo in mind and i want to rewrite the product listing results pages. When you go to the initial product listing page for a category (lets say the category is called ‘dvds’), the url can be rewritten using magento’s sef identifier field. i want to be able to rewrite the 2nd, 3rd and 4th page urls automatically using magento instead of a htaccess file

can i do this in magento using url rewrite and automate the procedure? so any results pages will be rewritten similar to:

domain.com/dvds/results2.html
domain.com/dvds/results3.html
domain.com/dvds/results4.html

Thanks
Andre

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

How would you create SEF URLs for each combination of: view mode (list, grid), number or items per page and sorting (name, price)?
These would affect results for each page.

Also, the categories are shown as folders, i.e. without .html.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andre

Total Posts:  55
Mongolia

Hey Moshe,

Good questions.

First off, i’d like to remove all of the options visibilities for search engines and set how each category should list the products in the admin area. So if i wanted dvds to have grid view but books to have list view i could set that where i set up my categories.

Results based on price, hmmm… ideally i’d set a global way to list as default in the admin so price ascending then have a link with the ability to list via descending (but that option would be rel=nofollow’d) for users only. stop the se’s from going there.

basically i want a friendly way of SE’s visiting a site and being able to go logically into the silo and list all the products. so how to list (grid vs list and via price) are user actions which are kind of ‘add-ons’ and not search engine things. just trying to split it logically between usability and search engine accessibility.

Let me know your thoughts because im sure theres people out there interested in this.

best regards
Andre

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

You can solve this problem if are using ready SEO extension. Example, like it: http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html. Extension greatly expands the standard features of CMS for seo optimization.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community