Magento Forum

Order update e-mail incorrect image link

Magnus Wester

Total Posts:  42
Stockholm, Sweden

The Order Update e-mail refers to an image called /skin/adminhtml/default/default/images/logo_email.gif, but this file is actually in /skin/frontend/default/default/images/logo_email.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks for point this out. Did you open a bug report by any chance?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magnus Wester

Total Posts:  42
Stockholm, Sweden

The problem is that it’s often difficult to know whether you’ve found a bug, if you are making a feature request, or if you’ve just found an area of Magento you don’t understand fully. Without a proper bug tracking system, there is no way for me to know your response to my report (as in “you’re doing this the wrong way” or “keep dreaming, fella"). That’s why I prefer the forums.

Would it be possible for you to open a separate “potential bug reports” forum, from which you’d copy REAL bug reports into the bug tracking system yourselves? I don’t really see why you need a separate bug tracking system at all, at least not one that’s available externally. It only complicates the communication flow.

But I have registered this in the bug tracking system too, and I will try to remember to do both in the future!

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

I fully agree. We are currently putting together a system that will solve this issue. It should be up within 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, you can post in this forum and continue to submit bug reports. We’ll verify them and go through it.

Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

I think that what Magnus has proposed is a very good idea… I too wonder whether it is a bug, a feature or a not implement as yet situation with some of the things I have found.
It would probably also be good to have an area that we can post code changes… for example I have already done the following:

1. Stopped the “Select your currency” from showing if there is only 1 active currency
2. Removed the link to “My Cart” if your cart is empty - instead showing the text - “Your cart is empty”
3. and a number of other similar issues.

If we could post these code changes the magento team could easily look at them and implement as they see fit - they could also comment on the code (within the forum) whether they have implemented that change or not.

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community