Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
print shipping labels in order fulfillment

liamstask

Total Posts:  16

For both UPS and USPS (and maybe others), their online web tools offer the ability to print shipping labels.  This would be a great feature to add to the fulfillment process within Magento - creating the shipping label automatically would save the hassle of re-keying the shipping info, and could also pre-populate the tracking number for the order, nicely streamlining the process. 

Thanks for your consideration!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mojo rising

Total Posts:  5

I AGREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already gotten into so many quarrels over this with my clients, they basically didn’t even want to use Magento anymore because they cant print the shipping labels.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dave132

Total Posts:  26

I’ll third that request smile If Magento could tackle this difficult task it would make them stand out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfidler80

Total Posts:  10

I would also like to see this… fingers crossed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unixversal

Total Posts:  80
Cologne, Germany

I agree - this would be a big help.... - how are you guys doing the shipment / packing process with the given tools?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kerry Hatcher

Total Posts:  96
Macon, GA

Both FedEX and UPS provide SOAP interfaces (so does USPS). All that is needed is a simple module where you would input your UPS/FedEX account info. Then when you create shipment a selector box to “get shipping data” from the services. The SOAP interfaces return the shipping labels via an image that can be printed out using a thermal printer or a standard printer then taped to the box.

The SOAP interfaces are really easy to learn and use. I just don’t know enough about Magento to know where to start. I was going to work on a system for our offline shipments but I realized the best way would be to just process all of our orders though Magento then let it handle the rest (instead of have 3 different systems).

I would really love to see this implemented and would even be willing to help out with the programming.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alexandre Queiróz

Total Posts:  43
Brazil

I agree too!!!!

Alexandre.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bousquetcm

Total Posts:  5

I gotta bump this! My fulfillment guy is hassling me right now, bc he has to input all the data manually. And Paypal’s multiorder shipping doesn’t provide any type of feed or api that we can tap into.

Magento Community
Magento Community

craichead

Total Posts:  28
Greeley, CO

yep… would be awesome… I’d love it for USPS.  Then it’d be cool to send data to either a web 2.0 accounting program such as lessaccounting.com or a mac based program… Tired of my PC… Only have it to process orders and accounting… Would be nice if everything was done online smile

Imagine processing orders with an iphone smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I really need something like this as well. We are manually inputting the data into PayPal multi order shipping and fedex ship manager

Is it possible to use the new order RSS

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrmeech

Total Posts:  58
New York City, USA

This would be great!!! I’m going to jump on this bandwagon too. It would be such an amazing feature to have, as it is currently a bit of a pain to manage/ship orders in any type of volume with the double data entry.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Since maagento has the ability to do import and exports using profiles one would think that it is possible to write an advanced profile to grab order data. However, It seems a lot of people are programming crons and api calls. Anyone have a thought on which is easier and how to accomplish the task?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackcorbis

Total Posts:  6

Has anyone gotten anywhere with this? I do not feel like paying for T-HUB just to print shipping labels. Even a simple extension like the oscommerce USPS Shipping Labels contribution will do (imports all fields into USPS’ Click N Ship website)

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Jackcorbis,

I used the database view found here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/207/fedex_-_shipping_view

I logged into phpmyadmin on my server, ran the query found in the wiki above.

Then when I need to print shipping labels I log back into phpmyadmin, go to the view created from the query and click export. I export all orders to csv file and then once I have the csv file I delete all the orders I don’t need and save the csv.

I use PayPal multiorder shipping because it is free to use and allows me to use Media Mail and not just USPS Priority like is available on the USPS click n’ ship website.

The only thing missing from the database view from the wiki is an order date as I’d like to limit the number of orders I export rather then exporting all orders everytime. That being said it works fairly good. Much better then manually creating labels

Magento Community
Magento Community

jackcorbis

Total Posts:  6

Hello DDMAN, Thankyou for your reply! I wrote a response earlier but it looks like it didnt go through. I was wondering if you figured out a way to sort the query by order status or what do you do when you have all of the orders (I assume that it includes the orders you already shipped) within your csv and have to export it to Paypal’s multiorder shipping. Has anyone else gotten anywhere else? The query above seems close enough to create an extension for an export feature/function within shipments module for magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

jackcorbis,

The view exports the orders based on when they were placed even though there is no order date. So the newest orders are at the end of the csv file we export.  To get rid of all the orders we have already shipped we go into magento and Sales > orders and search for orders status of processing. We find the oldest order with a status of processing and then we go into the csv file and we delete everything before that order.

Once again it is a little bit of a manual process but we are shipping 5 -15 orders a day it is fairly easy to do until another system comes along.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3