Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Paypal Direct New Order Status

liamstask

Total Posts:  16

Running v1.1.6 I just noticed that on both Paypal Website Payments Pro options (Direct and Express) that the new order status dropdown only offers “Processing” where it used to offer “Pending” and others.  Is this a known issue?  Thanks for an info.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kouri

Total Posts:  36

That’s what I see too.

Does your paypal processing work?

Because one of my problems is (besides not receiving any IPN information) the fact that it doesnt change from Pending Paypal to Processing after I’ve manually invoiced anyway.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liamstask

I haven’t tried processing since this change - I’m not sure.  I don’t have any IPN stuff set up, so I’m not sure I can provide any insight there.  Holding out for a Magento response...if we don’t hear back soon, I’ll file a bug and see if we can get any traction there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

kouri - 30 September 2008 01:45 PM

That’s what I see too.

Does your paypal processing work?

Because one of my problems is (besides not receiving any IPN information) the fact that it doesnt change from Pending Paypal to Processing after I’ve manually invoiced anyway.

I have the same problem, invoice created but status remain pending paypal and not processing

Magento Community
Magento Community

liamstask

I’ve been able to process the orders that come through in this state, but I’ve been seeing more failed transactions than I would expect.  I’m not sure if there’s a good way to determine the actual reason for a declined payment?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cooper

Total Posts:  104

liamstask - 30 September 2008 06:49 AM

Running v1.1.6 I just noticed that on both Paypal Website Payments Pro options (Direct and Express) that the new order status dropdown only offers “Processing” where it used to offer “Pending” and others.  Is this a known issue?  Thanks for an info.

All options of the new order status can be retreive by changing :

<order_status translate="label">
                            <
label>New order status</label>
                            <
frontend_type>select</frontend_type>
                            <
source_model>adminhtml/system_config_source_order_status_processing</source_model>

by :

<order_status translate="label">
                            <
label>New order status</label>
                            <
frontend_type>select</frontend_type>
                            <
source_model>adminhtml/system_config_source_order_status</source_model>

in app/code/mage/paypal/etc/system.xlm

With this change you will be able to select any status in Admin panel

I don’t know if it is safe because it has been changed since the 1.1.6 and I don’t know why.

Magento Community
Magento Community

simpleinc

Total Posts:  10

ver. 1.1.6 - cooper, thanks in advance for this fix, but i need clarification and not sure if this change is necessary, can anyone in the magento team validate.

In our order detail page under comments history, it indicated a status in the history of:

Pending Paypal status in history @ 9:19pm, and a current status of Processing in the drop down list @ 9:23pm.

We went into paypal to verify and the payment has been processed. What I want to confirm is if PayPal IPN updated the order detail page from Pending Paypal to Processing automatically. The time stamp in the Pending Paypal and Processing is about a 4 minute difference. We never did anything to trigger the Processing status from Pending Paypal status.

Next step, we went back into order detail and created an invoice for the order. Once the invoice was created in updated the order status as Complete.

I do want to have an option of changing the status on the fly as the fix above, but I just want to make sure it won’t interfere, or break something that Paypal IPN or other pay systems is doing to update the status automatically. Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

StockMania

Total Posts:  56

Hello,

I have the same problem, but for me it says Paypal Pending, it seems like i should have the money, but nothing on my paypal account. I receive no email when customer pays via Paypals. The customers does not receive any error.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thank you
Maxim

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

"Paypal pending” means that customer placed an order in Magento and was forwarded to Paypal to complete the transaction (i.e. pay money). The status is changed to Processing once we get notification from Paypal that transaction was complete.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kouri

The paypal standard payment method is working on our store atm.

But I’ve noticed that, when a customer gets redirected to paypal to pay, the status changes to ‘Pending Paypal’ and if we look at the Dashboard (which is something we like to use as it is quite nice!) the “Pending Paypal” order is included which is pretty bad. As well as the fact that the inventory going down too.

Another thing is (the main problem), if a customer decides to just close the paypal window, the status stays at Pending Paypal as opposed to ‘Cancelled’, i think it only goes to ‘Canceled’ when the customer actually clicks on ‘cancel’ to be redirected back to the site. That is quite misleading.

It would be hectic to constantly check the orders with paypal particularly with a large amount of orders, so if there is a solution to fix this, please tell!! It’s quite urgent.

EDIT: Oh and worse if the customer logs in and sees this order as pending paypal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kouri

oh and here’s the thing, this didn’t happen in the older version (though i can’t remember how far back)

as in, Pending would auto switch to Cancel if customer closes paypal window or click cancel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kouri

okay my last msg is wrong. I’ve just tested. At the backend, it looks like the customer had made orders when they hadn’t because they never finished the paypal process.

But luckily enough, it doesn’t appear in their account on the front-end.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Stromberg

Total Posts:  46
Hessen, Germany

This Problem isn’t fixed yet !? I had this problem today with version 1.1.8.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

Stromberg - 09 December 2008 09:53 AM

This Problem isn’t fixed yet !? I had this problem today with version 1.1.8.

This problem continues on version 1.2.0.2. Magento never fix anything, only Adds features.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redvinny

Total Posts:  48

Same problem - paypal pending on orders received - IPN not working

Magento Community
Magento Community

scjunkies

Total Posts:  55
Houston, Texas, USA

It looks like the problem persists on ver 1.2.1.  I got my first PayPal Pending today and it seems to be coming from the PayPal express portion.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2