Magento Forum

I run an update, and i have knocked over our website. Any advice on a fix? 

pennyswc

Total Posts:  8

Hello,

We run some updates in the admin area this afternoon, but unfortunatly they have caused an error and we are now locked out of the front and back end of our website.

The message is:
There has been an error processing your request

Error in file: “/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.46-0.7.47.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1044 Access denied for user ‘username’@’localhost’ to database ‘tutburyfireplaces’
Trace:
#0 /**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.46’, ‘0.7.52’)
#2 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.46’, ‘0.7.52’)
#3 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/**root address**/html/shop/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/**root address**/shop/index.php(40): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

Does anyone have any idea on what caused this, so i can avoid it again, and how i can put it right?

Penny

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

newtothis

Total Posts:  28

Hi

Sorry cant help with a fix, but to get you back up and going....

Can you log into the Admin Control Panel, If so can you go back to a back up?

If not can you access your web host control panel and restore an database back up?

Hope that helps

New to This..

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

This part seems the key here:

Access denied for user ‘username’@’localhost’ to database ‘tutburyfireplaces’

It’s not getting the right DB credentials.

But of course, as Varien keeps saying, never upgrade directly on a production site. Upgrade on an identical test site, test to see it worked and then copy it over on the live site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pennyswc

Total Posts:  8

Hello everyone thank you for your help - although some of the advice i could have done with before hand!

The problem orginated from running an update without enough file space on the server, causeing it to fail half way through.

Currently battling away trying to re-install our back up files.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community