Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

so here is a dumb question

lynts

Total Posts:  102

im new to magento and need to figure out how to make my slices for my own navigation move to where i need them, .css isnt working and header.phtml is where i know im on the right track heres the link to show you what i mean http://www.hubhub.org/globalmarketplace/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

Hi, I looked at your site and noticed that you used <table> to setup your navigation. You can use divs and add class styles under boxes.css. Or if you want to stick with <table> (which I dont recommend) you can add style="margin-top:50px; margin-left:50px” to the table tags. This will move the navigation around. Play around with the “50px” and you should be able to position the nav where you want. Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynts

so i am able to bring it down but i cant move it to the left

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

try doing “margin-left:-50px;” notice the negative sign.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynts

doing that gives me a css parsing error

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Long Beach, CA

hmm it shouldn’t, are you using css to style the <table> tag? or did you change it to a div?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lynts

yea i had to change it in css but now i have another problem the slices dont show up on any other page except the front page and the slices are in header.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community