Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Express Update? 

hoopempire

Total Posts:  17

Hi there,

I’ve read through several forum topics on trying to get Paypal Express working, only to get a bit dismayed that despite the screencast and other documentation saying PayPal Express is a valid payment option, apparantly it’s not? Only the Pro version is working? I’ve been through the API setup etc and now just have the payment link re-directing to the main paypal page rather than completing the transaction, like some other users on here.

Have I missed something?

Or is Paypal Express not working as of 6.13700 ( I see that the next release is out but didn’t see anything about paypal in the release notes...)

Any comments would be great
thanks

nick

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hoopempire

Total Posts:  17

Thanks Ron. Do you know if there is any schedule for the first production release?

Must admit, I was kinda sucked in by the fact that Magento clearly states it supports Express - which I know it will, but doesn’t at the moment! oh well…

Edit: Is there anyone out there who has managed to get Paypal Express working? Am willing to hack at anything given the time I’ve put into setting up Magento only to find Express isn’t working :( and being in Australia I can’t use Pro…

Magento Community
Magento Community

SaV

Total Posts:  2

hi!

this is just a simple bug with the paypal_api_endpoint configuration value…
for version 0.614100 go to “magento/app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Abstract.php” und change line 52 to:

if (false==$value{

but there is still another problem with the missing country codes for german customers…

bye

Magento Community
Magento Community

derbbre

Total Posts:  16

I think there’s more than a simple bug here. Does anyone have either Paypal Express OR Direct working? I’m getting errors about an invalid billing state. It appears no information is sent to Paypal at all… kind of a show stopper here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elvisio

Total Posts:  1

Hi guys,

I have just put in all the paypal API credentials seems its not working on the checkout.
Seems when i check out and clicked on paypal express > Submit… it goes back to the main site page.

It does not point me to the paypal website.

regards
elvin

Magento Community
Magento Community

FireIslandMan

Total Posts:  10

Similar PayPal Express error post at:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/2231/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi guys,

Could you please check the last release ? The issues you mentioned were fixed recently.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hiramh

Total Posts:  9

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Our client has PayPal Express and I’ve set it up exactly as directed by the help documents, screencast, and even other suggestions in the support forum. But I keep getting:
There was an error during communication with Paypal: Authentication/Authorization Failed - Username/Password is incorrect

When I try to checkout - but the username and pw is correct?  Are there different types of PayPal Express??

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community