Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Issues regarding the frontend development and a few more questions …

kalote

Total Posts:  13

Hi everybody,
I already have posted on the forum, but in order to maximize my results, i post as well in this category. Thanks for the understanding.

I have some questions about developing on magento :

- how can i add lightbox for the whole cart ? using scriptaculous or mootools ...
- I have no clue how to develop (request to the server sql, searching and displaying results, using tools provided by this application, ...) and where can i find some explanations, tips, or a glossary of the usefull command i can use. (i found a topic about low level queries, but i don’t know how, for exemple, i can make a filter like ‘price between x and y’)
- how can i configure a brand new frontend, with my style, images, and structure ?

I think others question will come out later.
Thanks for the answers smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kalote

Total Posts:  13

Ok !
First, thanks for the reply.
Second, i have a more specific question :
i want to add a page with a different structure (not empty, but 2columns-left). So i had a category in the administration, and i set a group of block in my “left” reference, but they didn’t appear, so i think i have done things wrong, but what things ???
Can you help me a little for this particular problem ?

Thanks smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community