Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

changing top links

matt adams

Total Posts:  15

For the sake of time, and learning, I am simply hacking up the current layout to fit my design needs.

I have figured out a lot of the pages, and images to change out. But I cant seem to find where the top links under the right side header mini seach bar are stored.

Attached is the image I am talking about.

Can anyone tell me where to change these?

Image Attachments
topLinks.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

It’s in the “design > frontend > default > default (or your theme) > template > page > html > header.phtml”.

To change position, you can re-arrange the order of below code to somewhere else in the same header.phtml

<div class="shop-access">
<?=$this->getChildHtml('topRightLinks')?>
</div>

You can also edit the ‘shop-access’ in the style sheet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt adams

Total Posts:  15

Thanks.

okay I found that at one point in time. Now where would I change the “welcome to the magento demo store”?

I see that it is reffered to as “getWelcome” before the right links. I have updated all into in the config.xml, still it remains.

thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nivekiam

Total Posts:  30

Mine just says “Default welcome message!”, but I don’t have their demo data loaded.  So that may be different.  I posted here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1909/#t8293 where I found that welcome string.

Magento Community
Magento Community

a0z0ra

Total Posts:  8

I found it inside mysql db core_config_data. 

Search for Path - design/header/welcome.

Is there a way to change this from admin menu?

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

If what you are loooking for is to change the “Default welcome msg!” text itself, you can change that in the Admin Panel, Design, Header, Welcome Text.

Now, what I am looking for, is how to add several spaces in the “welcome text” (as these are just automatically removed) ... Is there a solution to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community