Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sending Multipart/mixed MIME transactional emails (html and text in one message)

malbiniak

Total Posts:  34
Saint Paul, MN

hi folks,

i’m still trying to see all the parts of magento without getting lost. a little guidance on this would be much appreciated.

i’d like to be able to send html and plaintext messages (multipart mime) for transactional emails, like new accounts, etc. it seems that the template type (html or text) determines what mime type is placed in the email. where can i change this so that all of my html templates have Content-type: multipart/mixed;” instead of Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8”?

thanks,
-matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

malbiniak

Total Posts:  34
Saint Paul, MN

switched all html over to text, just to be safe.

nobody else wants to send multipart messages? what happens if your html email shows up on someone’s blackberry?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aFox

Total Posts:  15

Hey matt!

Check out my temporary solution at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/25075/

It sets the Content-type multipart/alternative

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community