Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customization attributes & file upload

cgoldberg

Total Posts:  37

I am currently running an online shop using Zen Cart (http://www.snugabugbabies.com/hp_zencart). I am considering a switch to Magento. That said in testing/playing I am trying to determine if the following functionality exists within the Admin:

1) custom forms for products by category (e.g., birth announcements require name, dob, length, weight, etc., Party invites require name, age, party location, date, time, etc...)

2) can a customer upload a file/photo to be added to their custom card order?

If these are not available in the current version (1.1.6) are they planned for a future release?

Thanks in advance…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

I am also looking for image upload functionality, perhaps under custom options. We sell retail packaging.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobbrodie

Total Posts:  132
Philadelphia, PA

I think the way Magento handles images in general could use some work. The fact that different products can’t share images is one issue. Another is that if you go to a product page and view the image url, it is VERY ugly, and being pulled from cache. Google images will run into trouble because that url will change. This happens even if cache is disabled.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

Have some ideas on this point:
- You can use WEB TO PRINT: INSTAGRAM PHOTOS extension to allow making Instagram prints to the customers
- Also customers can be encouraged with a possibility to upload their photos to your site with this CUSTOMER SHARED IMAGES extension

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community