Magento Forum

Shopping Cart subtotal AND proceed to checkout button not showing up

reefgear

Total Posts:  23

We are running the Default template (with some minor CSS modifications) version 1.1.6 and cannot figure out why the Subtotal AND Proceed to Checkout button do not show up in the Shopping Cart. Is anyone else having the same set of problems? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Screenshot attached.

Image Attachments
Picture 38.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Matt Collins

Total Posts:  16

I’m having very similar, though not exact.

In my version of the site design, my checkout button is there, but not the totals.
The code to display the totals is there (getchildhtml...), and the totals.phtml file is there
If I swap design over to the “blank” theme, it displays fine.
I haven’t been able to find a file difference yet in the theme layout or direct template files, and am not sure where else to look.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Anton Makarenko
Magento Team

Total Posts:  184
Los Angeles, CA

Something could happen with layout.
Please, turn on the templates/blocks hinting in the system config -> developer -> debug (under a website scope) and see if block “Mage_Checkout_Block_Onepage_Link” is there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefgear

I have fixed the issue with the SUBTOTALS. I had originally moved the Mini-Cart from the RIGHT COLUMN to the LEFT COLUMN. Once I switched it back to the RIGHT COLUMN and cleared the CACHE the SUBTOTALS appeared again.

I still have no CHECKOUT BUTTONS on either the MINI-CART or the CART page. I have turned hints on as Anton suggested and this is what I see (attached). Not sure what to do or where to look now though.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

reefgear

OK - I figured the button issue out. In the admin (System > Configure > Checkout > Checkout Options) I had “Disable Onepage Checkout” marked as “YES”. I switched it to “NO” and the PROCEED TO CHECKOUT buttons reappeared in the cart. I am not sure if this is a bug or if there’s a reason for it. Either way - all of the issues from this post have been resolved:

Subtotals not showing in cart = Because I had moved the Mini-Cart to Left Column. Solution: Move Mini-Cart back to Right Column.

Proceed to Checkout Buttons not showing in cart = Mark “NO” for “Disable Onepage Checkout” in System > Configure > Checkout > Checkout Options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

super tonio

Total Posts:  57

I’m having a similar problem, but it’s half of my product page that’s missing. The attributes are gone, the Quick Overview shows up, the images show up, but after that everything is gone. It’s really weird… not sure what’s happened. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

I’m also having similar problems with a custom template.  My subtotals don’t show up on the checkout page.  I also can’t see subtotals on my multishipping/overview page.  If anyone could help that would be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wailamt

Total Posts:  3

I think it’s the bug of version 1.1.6.
coz when i’m using 1.1.5...everything was fine...the subtotal was normal.

i had tried to reinstall 3 times alrdy, but no use at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

@wailamt

Does it work for your default template on 1.1.6?  It does for me, but not on my custom template. 

@ Anton Makarenko

Image 1 is what I see with template and block hints on for my default template, image 2 is with my custom template.  The line:

<?php  echo $this->getChildHtml('totals'); ?>

seems to be the culprit. I have the totals.phtml in my template/checkout/cart folder and I have the total folder in my template/checkout.  Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Image Attachments
defaultTempCheckout.gifcustomTempCheckout.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

@wailamt

Just to let you know I resolved my issue.  The page was fine in the default template however not in the custom template so I made a backup of my checkout.xml file located in the layout folder of my template and then copied the checkout.xml from my working default template into my broken custom template.  I hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Harun Simsek

Total Posts:  2

Delete Var folder.
Copy original Var folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

darkshark

Total Posts:  6

I realize this is a fairly old thread now, but just in case anyone else comes across this I had this problem and for me all I had to do some enable the Mage_Tax module in System > Configuration > Advanced . It costed me a whole half day to find this solution, hope it helps. for version 1.5.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

hergonof

Total Posts:  10

I have similar issue but in my case is not only the “Proceed to Checkout” buttom and Subtotals the elements not showed in the page, but also crossover sales, Coupon section, estimated shipping and even the footer of the Cart Page. I have tried each and all solution commented here and other forums with no success.
This issue maybe is also related to any extension installed as add.
If anybody knows anyother solution to try, really appreciate.
Thanks in advance !

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community