Magento Forum

Ship *FROM* two different addresses? 

XPC Design

Total Posts:  40

I’m working with a client now and she has two ship-from addresses. She goes the extra mile of crossing the border to ship parcels to her american customers. Magento only has an option for one master ship-from address that I know of, and it’s set to the Canadian address. Does anyone know how I can set this up? Maybe an edit for the USPS addon? Or I could talk to the creator of the Canada Post module for a solution too… Just checking to see if I’m missing something obvious before I go hunting in the code for a solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

I thought I could get 2 different settings for this if I setup 2 stores inside Magento, so I started putting it together without testing it assuming every setting available was capable of being different for each store… and not everything is. Sadly everything shipping related is only available globally :(

My only solution now is to hack up the USPS files and make it use a different address. Anyone know where those files are? I looked and I can’t find them.

I’m checking with the developer of the canada post shipping module to see if he can add a feature that enables me to ship via the postal code setting inside the canada post servers instead of the local magento one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

James Hayton

Total Posts:  28

I would check again.  I don’t need this functionality, but under configuration -> shipping settings -> origin, if you change the scope, you can select stores… You can simple create two stores, one to ship from canadian addresses and one to ship from american addresses.  This prolly would be better too since it will enable her to track things that way.  Checkout setting up multiple stores, etc… if you havent thought of that, and try to play around with it.  Im pretty sure its possible with 2 stores.  Newb myself tho.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPC Design

Maybe I need to create multiple websites, not multiple stores. All the shipping fields disappear when I’m looking at the settings for a store.

I’ve found out how to modify the canada post module easily to use a canadian postal code while leaving the master address to the american one for USPS to use.

Magento Community
Magento Community

James Hayton

Total Posts:  28

Yeah, my fault.  Double checked again and I am only able to do this with two “Websites” in Magento terms.  Glad u figured it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community