Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Pages for Items

c3kozler

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I have recently started using Magento for the first time.  I have a question regarding adding items for sale and the pages that need to be created.  So, when viewing the catalog on the front page my items are being displayed, but, I click them and it comes to a 404 page stating that “category_name/the-cloting-name.html” was not found.  So, does this mean that for these items to be available to view more information about I must create those pages individually via “Admin -> CMS -> Manage Pages” block?

Also, after adding items I click “Add To Cart” on an item and it yet again comes up with a 404 page.  This time it looks like this:

“/magento/checkout/cart/add/uenc/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cua3VzaGRvdXQuY29tL21hZ2VudG8vP21vZGU9Z3JpZA,,/product/2/ was not found on this server”

So, basically I am asking if I need to add pages for those items individually and also asking why no items seem to work.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community