Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Damn, INDEX MANAGEMENT or PRODUCT EDIT doesnt work after 1.4.0.1 Upgrade

MageClub
Guru

Total Posts:  386
India

Stupid me, I should have never upgraded it to 1.4.0.1 .
It was all so cool with 1.3.2.4 .

but I upgraded it to 1.4.0.1 via Magento Connect and my whole thing is f**ked.

None of the products are being displayed on frontend.

Product Index works on backend , but if I try to open a product, then it gives this error,

Invalid method Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Inventory::canUseQtyDecimals(Array
(
)

Then I thought, reindexing may fix it. So, I went to INDEX MANAGEMENT , but INDEX MANAGEMENT gives this error,

Fatal errorUndefined class constant 'Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Item::ENTITY' in /home/acedogsu/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php  on line 1206

Then I thought, may be, if I switch off the MANAGE STOCK option , but when i try to SAVE on that page, then it gives this error,

Error while saving this configurationNoticeUndefined indexproduct in /home/acedogsu/public_html/app/code/local/Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Mysql4/Stock/Status.php on line 63

Also, another thing, I saw that, the SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION > CATALOG > INVENTORY panel only comes when DEFAULT CONFIG is stored in Current Configuration Scope .
While if I select DEFAULT STORE VIEW in Current Configuration Scope , the INVENTORY panel doesnt show on the CATALOG menu.

SO, HOW DO WE SOLVE ALL THIS ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

India

I really need someone to get a fix for the INDEX MANAGEMENT page, so that I can reindex the data on the site.
Its already more than 6 hours and client is losing business for this shitty upgrade.
If we can atleast egt the REINDEXING done and get our products show up on the frontend, then that would do it.
Anyone ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageClub
Guru

India

Anyone ?
Anyone ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Qref

Total Posts:  15

I’m having the same problem with Index Management and the Fatal error: Undefined class constant when upgrading to 1.4.1.0.

I can’t believe something as fragile and breakage-prone as Magento has managed to stay alive! Help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Akbar Khan

Total Posts:  2

I am having same issue but I didn’t upgrade. I did the fresh install of 1.4.1.1, I could login to admin panel but cannot access anything except General tab and this Warning display at the top..I don’t know what to do.

Warning: One or more of the Indexes are not up to date:  Product Attributes, Product Prices, Catalog URL Rewrites, Product Flat Data, Category Flat Data, Category Products, Catalog Search Index, Tag Aggregation Data, Stock Status. Click here to go to Index Management and rebuild required indexes.

Can some pls advise.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sign-p

Total Posts:  86

Hello,

i have the same Problem after Update, do you know what can i do?

Thanks best regards Thomas

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ruud Schoorl

Total Posts:  7
IJmuiden, The Netherlands

Please check if you don’t have any code in your local directory.

/app/code/local/Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Stock/Item.php

If that is the case you should rename it to Item_old.php then your system should be up and running again.

Or you could add:

const ENTITY                    'cataloginventory_stock_item';
to the code, i haven’t tried it, so i don’t know if this works!!

Regards,
Ruud

Magento Community
Magento Community

sajego

Total Posts:  7

Removing the local version of item.php fixed my ‘Cannot update shopping cart.’ error… not sure when that copy of the file was created though. That always makes me nervous.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community