Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
UK Regional Shipping (Channel Isles, NI)

whitetie

Total Posts:  12
Oxford

Hi,

Thanks for your help!

Great site by the way.

I shall try the 0.000 and see if works for me, I will let you know if it works ..must go now, I’m getting badgered by the wife to get ready for this evening!

Cheers!

Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

whitetie

Total Posts:  12
Oxford

Hey all,

Managed to sort out the shipping situation with a little help from birches shipping mod,

Easy to install through connect then change the csv to suit your needs, really sorted out my headache!

Now I just got to sort out protx integration and ready to rock....

Matt

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcm999

Total Posts:  42

Hi Guys,

This module looks good and I have played around with it, but the problem I am having is:

If a customer picks a specified postcode in the CSV, for example BT*, it shows the shipping method I have defined which is great, but the other shipping methods are still available (free shipping, UPS, flat rate, fedex etc.). The user can stills select these as an option.

Can this module somehow ONLY display the shipping method I have defined in the CSV, and hide all other shipping methods?

Does this make sense?

Many thanks

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Mike,

This extension works on best match so if it is matching on BT then it will not show the other rates where postcode is set to *. I suspect you have a problem with the BT filtering, checkout the examples to get going.

Rgds

Karen

mcm999 - 15 December 2009 03:47 AM

Hi Guys,

This module looks good and I have played around with it, but the problem I am having is:

If a customer picks a specified postcode in the CSV, for example BT*, it shows the shipping method I have defined which is great, but the other shipping methods are still available (free shipping, UPS, flat rate, fedex etc.). The user can stills select these as an option.

Can this module somehow ONLY display the shipping method I have defined in the CSV, and hide all other shipping methods?

Does this make sense?

Many thanks

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

Inspireddevelopment

Total Posts:  2

Hi… I hope someone can help? Im having trouble finding information regarding UK shipping table rate configuration, and starting to pull my hair out!!

So heres the scenario:

The products we are going to sell are bulky and we only want to offer delivery within Cornwall, GB.

We charge £1 per mile for delivery and i have made a list of all the possible locations that may be requested.
(There are around 200 towns and villages in the list all with there individual delivery price.)

Before continuing to the checkout i would like the user to type the location of the nearest town or village to calculate the associated delivery charge.

The default fields available are Country (which is set to UK)
State and Province ( which i would like to default to Cornwall) and
Postcode / Zip code. ( I was hoping i could adapt via the CSV file and through the database to work with the names in my list)

Am i going about this the wrong way? Or does anyone know of a plugin that could make this process simpler?

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Come talk to us at WebShopApps.com. You need Premium Matrixrate, we see this type of scenario all day long. For 50GBP it’s going to save you ton’s of work.

Incidentally we are based in the UK, so feel free to ring us up and have a chat - 01702 477808.

Rgds

Karen

Inspireddevelopment - 03 November 2010 07:59 AM

Hi… I hope someone can help? Im having trouble finding information regarding UK shipping table rate configuration, and starting to pull my hair out!!

So heres the scenario:

The products we are going to sell are bulky and we only want to offer delivery within Cornwall, GB.

We charge £1 per mile for delivery and i have made a list of all the possible locations that may be requested.
(There are around 200 towns and villages in the list all with there individual delivery price.)

Before continuing to the checkout i would like the user to type the location of the nearest town or village to calculate the associated delivery charge.

The default fields available are Country (which is set to UK)
State and Province ( which i would like to default to Cornwall) and
Postcode / Zip code. ( I was hoping i could adapt via the CSV file and through the database to work with the names in my list)

Am i going about this the wrong way? Or does anyone know of a plugin that could make this process simpler?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brownscorpio

Total Posts:  6

Hi
Any one know how to fix it on magento 1.6

Magento Community
Magento Community

ShaGGy_UK

Total Posts:  1

I have modified the excellent Maxrixrate slightly to try and get it to to also take the longest items length into account when selecting the available shipping method by postcode and hope someone can help me with this.

All my items have dimension attributes set with one called productlength

I have added a column to the csv called maxlength and set a maximum length to ship through these services.

example:-
Customer has 4 items in their cart weighing a total of 1.7kg going to postcode xx, Carriers available to xx are:-
Carrier1, 2kg, 640 (max length)
Carrier2, 30kg, 1000 (max length)
Carrier3, 70kg, 2000 (max length)

Items are:-
Item1, 0.20kg length 40
Item2, 0.80kg length 260
Item3 0.60kg length 700
Item4, 0.10kg length 250

So in this scenario the customer would only be offered Carrier2 & Carrier3 as the longest item is 700

Any help on the best way to achieve this would be great.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

rebeccama

Total Posts:  110

See if this Price Calculator Extension works; You can single csv for all products for separate one for each product.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/csv-based-pricing-2034.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2