Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magenta for Photo Lab Ecommerce

jmacdoug

Total Posts:  117

I own and run Professional Photo Lab in NJ. I have been looking for a serious solution for my internet site I have in mind. There seems to be one giant hurdle in the way of this and most, if not all solutions do nott allow a customer to upload multiple images at once. The best solution thus far is zencart which has to be the best out yet (Magenta looks reeeeaaaallll good so far)! The lack of template options with zen is a real bummer too but most of all, it seems to be real difficult for people to produce what I am asking for. I basically need to create a product called “Proof Prints”. If a customer selects this item they can then select attributes such as paper finish, various borders and so on. Then they can upload a folder of images to the order right to my server with a corresponding identifier of the order so I know what it is when I need to print it here. A java uploader or something of the sort.

Then they continue with the order and pay only upon a successful upload.

Anyway, how possible is this? I think since this is the infancy of this system maybe there cound be a “Print Shop” version or addon somewhere down the line.

I look forward to trying Magenta when it becomes stable.

Thanks

Jeff

http://www.newvisioncolorlab.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Hello Jeff - Welcome to the community.

If I understand correct, your requirements are for files to be uploaded and associated to an order. This is currently not available out of the box, but should be fairly simple to add on.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

OK. What I need is to have my site run just like this one

http://www.photo-canvas.com/cart/addCart-pc-uk.aspx?productId=53

including a nice price calculator. Can someone help me with this project? I am willing to pay.

I would like to be the first with a site like this utilizing magento!

Please let me know the possibilities here. Like I said, I know that I can have someone do this for me in zen already but I do not like the way zen utilizes templates and other details as well.

Jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

I have changed my requirements and would like to have an ecommerce site that has gallery capability as well as ability to configure advanced products like photo prints with options. Have a look at mpix dot com

This is what I want.

Can someone please contact me only if you are serious about the project.

Thanks

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmacdoug

Has anyone looked at this post? Where can I go for this smecial funstion request? Outside developers?

Thanks

jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlconrad

Total Posts:  1

Hi Jeff,

We are currently evaluating the opportunity of developping such an extension. Did you find a solution?

Best regards,
Carl Conrad
KoffeeWare
http://www.koffeeware.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community