Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Manage Categories Broken

violetweb

Total Posts:  26

I have changed nothing… except adding a new category to a catalog. Yet, I can no longer see the listing of Catalog Listing on the left side of the page.  Does anyone know why this would happen all of a sudden?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

violetweb

OMG… Tried loggin out, back in… no change.  Waited a bit… then all of a sudden now I can see the sidebar category listing again.
Is this a bug?  Like is there some kind of ‘add new’ category ‘SESSION’ being set that times out.. and that takes it back out of ‘add category’ mode??

Magento Community
Magento Community

violetweb

I was able to duplicate the problem.. and if I clear cache, and return, the categories return.  There is clearly some setting that sets it to ‘add category’ mode, which hides your catalog listing.. and seems the only way back is to clear cache.  Definitely a bug!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community